Friday, June 3, 2011

New Shoes!



I love how my birthday falls in June. One of the biggest reasons? New running shoes! I can always ask for new running shoes for my birthday in June and again at Christmas. Depending on the year, I squeeze in an extra pair somewhere in between, but there's nothing like new shoes to celebrate your birthday or the holidays.

There's also nothing like the feeling of new shoes! You don't know how much you need them until you actually wear them. This morning I carefully laced up my beautiful Asics GT 2160's that my hubbie and daughter so carefully picked out for me at Sport Shack. The shoes smelled fresh and new - just waiting for a couple of miles to be put on them.

What's your favorite running shoe? Are you loyal to one brand and style of shoe, or do you simply goes for what fits best at the time? In my early running days I preferred Nikes, but they just didn't work when I started upping the miles. That's when I made the switch to the Asics 2100 series...and haven't looked back! Runner's World has some great shoe and gear reviews if you're ever in the shoe-buying market.

Have a great weekend running, everyone! Remember to check out our website at http://www.runfortherocks.com/for the latest updates on Run for the Rocks!

- Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment